IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE CLICKING THE SUBMIT BUTTON
Hard Copy Proofing is a process of printing one copy of the print ready PDF files on standard proofing paper to make sure the following issues/errors can be caught & corrected before the entire job is printed:
- Position & Placement: (for e.g. No text is getting cut, or nothing is very close to the edge of the paper)
- Pagination (e.g. - for multi-page documents, like booklets or prefect bounded book we provide a digitally printed hardcopy mockup as it is very important to see how the pages look after binding)
- Missing art or elements due to transparency issues (sometime due to transparencies, the soft PDF proof will not catch these errors. It might look fine on the screen, but when printed the background transparency will be converted into something unpredictable. There are many reason it happens, please Google Transparency Problems to learn more). Hence it is very important to flatten to PDF before sending files.
- Spelling & Grammatical Mistakes (Surveys and Test have shown that it is much easier to catch spelling and other mistakes when reading on paper then on screen)
- Low Resolution images (on the screen it will look fine, but when printed they will look pixilated, due to the fact that screen is 72 dpi vs. print is 300 dpi)
a) Hard Copy Proofing is not meant for color approval. We print to industry standard color and the hard copy proof which was sent to you was printed on standard proofing paper on our digital press. If your job is color critical and needs high level of color accuracy then please call and discuss about the job before placing an order or signing this Proofing Policy.
b) Once you receive the hard copy proof and if everything looks fine then please sign the proofing policy and fax it back to us. Once we receive the faxed approval - your job is released to production and the turnaround clock will start ticking from that point on.