Student ID cards, employee ID badges, backstage passes, company visitor ID, volunteer tags, temporary work badges and much more
STEP 1: Download the Guideline template for the ID Card Size you selected and the Artwork Setup Guide also from the Template Section.
Next follow the steps based on the selection you make in the Variable Data Drop Down.
1. Every ID Badges has the same image : Usually that is a great option for backstage passes, company visitor ID, volunteer tags, temporary work badges.
STEP 2: This is very simple and you provide the artwork just like any of other printed product. Follow steps 1 to 4 in the guide to understand how to use the guideline template.
2. Every Badge is Unique: This option as it clearly spells out is great for employees or attendees with their names, titles or even images printed on the Badge. The tricky part is how to set up the artwork. Follow the steps below to provide artwork.
STEP 2: Download the ID Personnel Excel File from the template section.
STEP 3: Follow the steps mentioned in the Help Guide to create your background image for the ID Badge and fill up the Excel file
There are 3 Industry standard sizes for ID Badges to choose from. You can choose either Vertical or Horizontal orientation.
- CR79 Size: 3.30" x 2.05" (Horizontal) and 2.05" x 3.30" (Vertical)
- CR80 (credit card) Size: 3.375" x 2.125" (Horizontal) and 2.125" x 3.375" (Vertical)
- CR79 Size: 3.88" x 2.63" (Horizontal) and 2.63" x 3.88" (Vertical)
Artwork Size (with bleeds): Finish size with an additional 1/8 inch bleed all around. Please download our guideline template to setup the artwork and send us a print ready PDF (font outlined & image embedded).
All our ID Badges are printed in full color on 18 mil (0.018 inch) Matte Vinyl Substrate and UV Coated both sides for additional protection. Just to get a point of reference - Credit cards are usually 30 mil (0.03 inch) thick, where as this substrate is 18 mil thick.
NOTE: All Badges are UV Coated for scratch resistance, but also that means you will not be able to write on it. You have to use permanent marker to be able to write on the badges. We do not provide the option to order the badges without UV Coating, as the ink will get scratched easily.
Regular is 5 Days if we receive print ready file. Also for a small rush fee you can select 3, 2 & Next Business Day options.